Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Hopeless Romantic

This has become such an obstacle in my life. In fact, this whole attachment issue is the only thing keeping me from being whatever I want to be. Despite how mush I read and how much I study people, and even knowing the fact that none of these boys will ever be any good for me, I have no control over my feelings.
Thank you world for your endless attempts to try and bury the idea that love exists. 
Thank you science for explaining that it is nothing more than a chemical reaction inside your brain. 
Thanks to all those friends who died over it.
Thanks to all those times love stood right in front of me and I ran the other way..
Thank you fear.


Despite all of this, the biggest thank you goes to the fact that I have still not given up on it. This makes me want to beat the living crap out of myself. This makes me want to lock myself up, far far away, maybe an ocean over. This makes me want to wake up next to you, and breathe in that familiar smell, every morning, every middle-of-the-night. Feeling my world shift every time I look at you, and never the need for a single word. 
I've gone insane, who the fuck feels so much just imagining being in love? I need to move, there must be a reason why Europeans get married sooner.


Some people think that it's best to refrain from conventions of old fashioned love, their lives filled with holes and emptiness, they tell themselves that they're too young to settle down, but I promise that I'm older now.
And when the hardest part is over we'll be here, and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Labels