Monday, May 16, 2011

Burn With Me

Your eyes paint a picture so melancholy grey, taking me to a place far away, where everything is warm and familiar. A gray river filled with  fog and distant memories, my past and our future. The most innocence eyes can hold while sparkling with a catch. I have never learned so much about one person in one day just by looking at them. Your eyes are a personal favourite.
There's oil and paint on canvas, there's shades of blue and grey, there are all your emotions, your smiles, your reactions, how your face changes like a movie reel every time I speak. Each scene is more beautiful. 
Calm down, you can tell me anything.
I keep catching myself at the thought of wanting to grab your hand.


I'm coming down now, but today I tasted flight. I smiled as I flew through every life around me, through every street and every noise. It was serene. It was beautiful. When once you have tasted flightyou will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Labels