Wednesday, February 2, 2011

two thousand years this chasing taking its toll..




How were Ben and I ever together? How did I accept him ever taking my hand? How did all that love feel natural? How did I stay up all night hoping for a letter and go to bed the happiest human alive after hours of pouring pints of tears over a single conversation. How did I ever love you? How did I ever love? How did you keep me alive? I still remember the first time we met, perfectly, and I still feel how you have changed my whole life. How you filled every void.. will I ever get a chance to feel that way again? Or do we get it once in a lifetime? Did I miss it.. That was my biggest fear. I hope you're alright wherever you are now, I hope you grow up to live in all the dreams we made up together. 

So in case you're wondering, I used to be a "lover" as well.
I used to write, I used to write letters, I used to sign my name.
Since the time we met, things have only changed
So I never wrote a letter, I never took my true heart, I never wrote it down.
So when the lights cut out, 
I was lost in the wilderness downtown,
Now our lives are changing fast.

Now it seems strange how we used to wait for letters to arrive.
Well like a patient on a table, I want to walk again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Labels