Sunday, July 24, 2011

"You can't be wise and in love at the same time"


This is what I am very afraid of; can being highly knowledgeable and understanding prevent me from being happy in love?  Can I not have the two joys in life at the same time? The two I consider necessities for happiness?
To be understanding and to love. I hope to make this possible the day I find a way to love without letting it cloud my mind.

Today I walked around a town that I used to be home for many years, with a best friend whom I saw today for the first time in 7 years. As we walked and I listened to her talk about her subject of affection I realized I couldn’t use my country of residence to explain my misunderstanding of modern day relationships. Today I learned that games are being played across the ocean too, even more brutally in my country of origin. Maybe when watching movies that end with a fairytale, I miss all the step work required for a fairytale ending because it was left out when the director tried to shove the plot into a time frame of two hours. I know that in many lives, people achieved happiness through hard work, while having one without the other is considered a sin. There as I listened to my friend try and build up the courage to vocalize her feelings towards an emotionally unavailable boy, I realized it really is time to practice what I preach. I don't have to play a game I don't like as long as I have an excellent goalie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Labels