Monday, May 30, 2011

"Please go to the guidance office, I made you an appointment"

Lady with her perfectly crimped hair and twenty family photos in golden frames sitting on her desk..


So what else seems to be the problem?
-Well, a friend died about two weeks ago and its just so hard on everyone.. I mean it was only the other day we sat next to each other and shared a cigarette and talked about what we think may make us better people than what we may currently be. He made really interesting points. I guess its just a shame because he was such an intellectual in my life and now it is one less, which is always a tragedy, you know? Not having that one positive influence anymore. And now his brother is going insane and he's one of my favorites so its a little bit of a hassle.
Why is he your favorite?
-Because he understand me, and he's just really intriguing. It eats at me that I can't be beside him every minute of the day, because I know what he's feeling so I spend a good portion of every day thinking about that. They way I don't really have the right to run in there and save him, it's the same way someone felt about his brother.
Could it be a suicide?
-Well, possibly. That would be a thick mix of expectation and surprise.
Things are constantly slowing down, for instance people I live with are chronically insane, but unfortunately it isn't the type of insane I could tolerate nor learn from.. So they are like stop signs along the highway of life, not like that should matter, I'm here because I've run out of oil and I'm stuck and I'm asking for your assistance. 
Do you contemplate suicide?
-Constantly. You're totally missing the point of what I'm trying to say..
You're making this more difficult for me.
-Maybe you need help. 
Go on.
-It's how what I'm doing, and what you're doing and what we're all trying to do now that he's gone is all one big contradiction, which is slowly driving me insane.
Well if it was a suicide how do you feel about it?
-I don't see how imagining that we were all left by choice makes this better but in that case he really should have had sorted his priorities out, maybe make a plan, a different alternative. 
What alternatives do you think you have?
-I thought thats why I got sent here. I don't know. Not observant. I sort of live day by day, I'm not too aware of most things.
We both know that isn't true. 
-Are you tearing up? Miss, please just sign this note, my art teacher is about to be the end of me.


Her eyes became unbearable. There she is all in white with a man by her side inside another golden frame. Something borrowed, something blue.
There's a girl with a short ponytail and a pink shirt with a bow at the back which has sappy shit like "everyday every hour is special" written all over it and I'm already firing my imaginary rifle.

3 comments:

  1. i really enjoyed reading this. but i'm really sorry about your friend! feel better, and keep staying positive! you're amazing <3

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Labels