Sunday, April 17, 2011

firecrackers

While I'm looking at your face like I'll be testing on it later
Poke a hole into my chest and pull my heart through
Up to my room for cigarettes and cartoons
Or we could sit right here and try to guard these barstools
I'll take you anyway that I can have you
Bring along your ethics and your issues and your taboos


Hey, wake up.
I have to leave now.


Okay.


I'll text you.
I love you.


Okay.


And you slip out the door leaving me wondering how you ended up there. We both knew we just wanted to be next to each other, nothing less that night, and nothing more. Just together, your arm around me, because we're both tired of the feeling of waking up alone. Because we like to drink together and steal each other from whoever it is we are occupied by. Because I could write a book about loneliness. 


Now I wont even look at my phone because I want nothing to do with it.
Because I kept waking in and out of a dream where you were someone else. 
I kept dreaming of a place where the grass is greener. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Labels