Monday, January 10, 2011

You Always Manage to Surprise My Heart

"Go count the stars outside. Multiply that number by the stars hidden by pollution. Then multiply that by 2. That's how much I love you."
"That's infinity, mate."


I guess it's been difficult to be sentimental. But just wait till I see you again. I can't bring my feelings across properly anymore because they have been overwhelmed by worries. Worries of you and where you'll be tomorrow, in a month.. who you'll marry in ten years.
You asked me today why I love you. I told you not because you make me wake up with a smile or because I'm happy when I'm with you.. No, I love you because you have a pure heart, and that is what I told you. But you don't understand. You don't understand how rare, how significant that is in this world. With everything that has been thrown at you in the past 16 years and the hell that I believe you lived through in the past year, your heart remains in the right place. Unlike me, you are capable of so much love. Not infatuation, not lust, pure love for other human beings. And we fail to see the fact that these hearts are an endangered species because it has been masked by these feelings and actions people perform that we consider "love". For once I know that someone genuinely loves me and isn't about to evaporate from my world..This is why I love you.


I can't believe I've managed to keep you in my life. I miss your eyes and your hands. I'll see you soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Labels