Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thoughts

Sitting in this restaurant waiting for Oliver to come back. This place is so beautiful, the lights, everything about it. I missed this area, Yonge and Eglinton, it's been so long.  But did I miss it? Why can't I stay focused? That's a different story.


Sitting here listening to couples converse. How different people can be, it's insane. The way I speak to a "romantic interest", I tend to make things as comfortable possible, I learned to, there's never a reason to be nervous. I'm watching this young woman sit across this man and I can feel her heart racing from here. She's smiling, she keeps talking, she can't stop she's trying anything to continue the conversation. But he, sitting back, beer in hand, couldn't give less of a fuck if its shaved radish or carrots in his plate, this lady, she's gonna explode. I can see myself in her though, how simple things get when you're watching from afar..



So many people, so many different lives, but you can tell so much just by looking carefully into their eyes.

This woman sitting across an older man. She's paying attention but looks like her head's somewhere far away. The lines under her eyes, the worry lines, what will I look like when I'm her age, what did she look like when she was mine? Did she look younger? What happened to cause this look in her eyes?
I lose myself in these places.

...And then he comes walking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Labels