Friday, December 31, 2010

2010, You were a bitch.

Its sort of an insane feeling thinking that 2010 is already over. Scary really. Am I really leaving this year, am I moving on, through this passage? Though it really is an amazing feeling. 

This year I will never forget. I can say it's been my worst because even when I was a little kid and shit got really bad I don't remember the whole year being like this.. But I can also say it has been one of the best. It has taught me more than I have learned in my whole life. It's been a wild fucking hurricane for most of us and for myself it's settling, with loss and with fear but it feels so good to have my feet on the ground again. 2010 is the beginning of my new journey and I've never been so excited to celebrate the beginning. With everything that has happened, I am so grateful to end up in a good place by the end. I thought I was lost, I thought it has all turned to stone, I thought.. I didn't think. I can finally say I am content. Maybe it's just the glory of the past two weeks but I'm living today.

Thanks to the girl who saved my life. Thanks to the strength it took to leave so many things behind. Thanks to the strength it took to get past the biggest fucking mountain. Thanks to these people I got to know. Thanks to realization and thanks to inspiration. Thanks to the people I can call friends, you're all I ever wished for. Thanks to the lights, the 6 am conversations, the laughter, the rides in the back of M's car, the drinks, the tears, the lessons, the lips, the early mornings, the stomach aches and the mornings I could wake up with a smile. Thanks to this air I breathe. And thank fucking god I got to 2011. Thank god for a new beginning. And thank all of you. You're all golden.

























2 comments:

  1. Thanks to such an amazing girl I know named Kate. She definitely made my year worthwhile. xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Labels